Widely recognized as an expert in the field of facial plastic surgery, Dr. Marc Zimbler is considered one of New York’s leading facial and rhinoplasty surgeons. From his Fifth Avenue office on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, Dr. Zimbler’s name continues to be synonymous with natural results. Limiting his practice to only the face, Dr. Zimbler specializes in rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, mini facelifts, and neck contouring. Dr. Zimbler combines an artist’s eye with the finesse of a highly skilled surgeon. His philosophy emphasizes natural results with subtle cosmetic enhancement rather than dramatic, over-tightened faces. Dr. Zimbler employs minimally invasive techniques to acquire long-lasting results with the quickest recovery possible. Committed to his patients’ well-being and providing an environment of trust with the highest level of medical expertise, Dr. Zimbler takes an individualized and customized approach with each patient to achieve beautiful and balanced results.
Dr. Zimbler has a unique understanding of the face and its anatomy due to his training in both head and neck cancer surgery and facial plastic surgery. While most of his practice is cosmetic in nature, Dr. Zimbler continues to dedicate his time to facial skin cancer reconstruction and works closely with many of the top dermatologists and Mohs dermatologic surgeons in NYC.
When it comes to nasal surgery, Dr. Zimbler’s unique background makes him a true expert. With training in ear, nose, and throat surgery prior to plastic surgery, Dr. Zimbler has a comprehensive understanding of nasal aesthetics along with the internal nasal airway. Our rhinoplasty practice values beautiful, natural-looking noses along with improved breathing as one of the highest priorities. Dr. Zimbler also specializes in revision rhinoplasty, teenage rhinoplasty, and traumatic nasal reconstruction.
A native of Manhattan, Dr. Zimbler received his bachelor’s degree and graduated summa cum laude from New York University, where he majored in art history / philosophy and played varsity tennis and squash. At the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, he graduated in the top of his class and was elected to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Society. While in medical school, Dr. Zimbler was chosen for a fellowship in medical ethics and was sent to study at Oxford University in England. He completed his surgical training in otolaryngology at NYU Medical Center where he focused on head & neck surgery. Dr. Zimbler then completed a facial plastic surgery fellowship with one of the nation’s leading plastic surgeons and was sponsored by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
For nearly a decade, Dr. Zimbler was the Director of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery for the department of head & neck surgery at Beth Israel Medical Center. He was also the Director of Residency Education and was actively involved in training future facial surgeons. Board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS), Dr. Zimbler is also one of a small group of surgeons that has achieved dual board certification in both facial plastic surgery and otolaryngology - head & neck surgery. Dr. Zimbler is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery. A Diplomat of the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and having served as Vice-President of the New York Facial Plastic Surgery Society, Dr. Zimbler has been named in Castle Connolly’s Top Doctors, New York Magazines’ Best Doctors, and The New York Times Super Doctors. Dr. Zimbler is affiliated with some of New York’s most prestigious medical institutions, some of which include NYU Langone Medical Center, Mount Sinai Hospital, Lenox Hill Hospital, and Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital.
- Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Diplomate, American Board of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
- Fellowship: Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Washington University – Barnes Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO (1999-2000)
- Residency: Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, NYU Medical Center, New York, NY (1995-1999)
- Internship: General Surgery, NYU Medical Center, New York, NY (1993-1995)
- The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY (1989-1993)
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons
- Fellow: American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- Diplomate: American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- AAFPRS Foundation Committee: Fellowship Research Committee
- AAFPRS Leadership Committee: Residency Relations
- AAFPRS Strategic Development & Public Information Committee
- Zimbler MS. Aesthetic Facial Analysis. Cummings Head & Neck Surgery, 5th edition. St. Louis, Mosby, In press 2015, P.273-285.
- Zimbler MS, Pearson JM. Local and Regional Flap Reconstruction. Thomas Advanced Therapy in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. St. Louis, Mosby, In press 2010, P.651-664.
- Zimbler MS, Ashbach M. Complications of Local Flaps. Eisele Complications in Head & Neck Surgery, 2nd edition. Philadelphia, Elsevier, In press 2009, P. 783-794.
- Zimbler MS. Aesthetic Facial Analysis. Cummings Otolaryngology- Head & Neck Surgery, 4th edition. St. Louis, Mosby, 2005, P.513-528.
- Zimbler MS, Guest Editor. Contemporary Facial Plastic Surgery Techniques: An update with the masters. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America. 2002:10 (1).
- Facial Skin Reconstruction. Advances in Dermatology, NYU Medical Center, New York. June 2008.
- Nasal Reconstruction. Rhinoplasty and the Central Face, NYU Medical Center, New York. April 2008.
- Functional Rhinoplasty. Panelist, New York University Medical Center’s 6th Annual Rhinology Update, New York, NY April 2007.
- Local Flaps in Facial Reconstruction. 16th Multidisciplinary Course on the Management of Head & Neck Cancer. New York, NY March 2006
- Finesse in Mohs Reconstruction. Panelist, The Mark L. Urken 15th Annual Multidisciplinary Management of Head & Neck Cancer. New York, NY April 2005.
- Nasal & Facial Mohs Reconstruction. Panelist, AAFPRS Fall Meeting, New York, NY Sept 2004.
- Topical Anesthesia for Staged Mohs Dermabrasion. AAFPRS Fall Meeting, New York, NY 2004
- Z-plasty Extended Applications. Regional Soft Tissue Course for the AAFPRS. UNDMJ, Hackensack New Jersey, March 2004.
- Rhinoplasty Symposium: Moderator. 8th International Symposium Of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, New York NY, May 2002
- Pretreatment with Botulinum Toxin Improves Laser Resurfacing Results. COSM, Palm Desert CA, May 2001
- Extended Applications for Endoscopic Forehead Surgery. AAO-HNS, San Francisco CA, Sept 1997
- Neovascularization Surrounding Venous Coupled Microvascular Anastomosis. Plastic Surgery Research Council, Galveston Texas, Feb 1997
- An Unusual Late Reaction to Facial Collagen Injections. AAO-HNS, Washington D.C., Sept 1996
- Zimbler MS. The Dorsal Glabellar Flap for Large Nasal Defects. Dermatologic Surgery 2008; 34 (4): 571-574.
- Zimbler MS. O to Z Reconstruction of Mohs Central Upper Lip Defect. Dermatologic Surgery 2007; 33 (1): 85-89.
- Zimbler MS. Cycladic Sculpture & Simplistic Form. Arch Facial Dermatologic Surgery 2006; 8: 148.
- Balikian RV, Zimbler MS. Primary and Adjunctive Uses of Botulinum Toxin Type A in the Periorbital Region. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America. 2005; 13 (4): 583-590.
- Zimbler MS, Prenderville S, Thomas RJ. The Pinch & Slide Blepharoplasty. Arch Facial Plastic Surgery 2004; 6: 348-350.
- Lee JJ, Zimbler MS. Paramedian Forehead Flap Reconstruction of Large Nasal Defects. Ear, Nose & Throat Journal 2004; 83(5): 322.
- Zimbler MS. Lost Beauty & the Fountain of Youth. Arch Facial Plastic Surgery. 2004;6:72-73
- Zimbler MS, Nassif PS. Adjunctive Applications for Botulinum Toxin in Facial Aesthetic Surgery. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America. 2003: 11(4): 477-482
- Prendiville S, Zimbler MS, Kokoska MS, Thomas RJ. Middle-Vault Narrowing in the Wide Nasal Dorsum: The “reverse spreader” technique. Arch Facial Plastic Surgery 2002; 4: 52-55.
- Zimbler MS. Gaspare Tagliacozzi: Renaissance surgeon. Arch Facial Plastic Surgery 2001; 3: 283-284.
- Zimbler MS, Holds JB, Kokoska MS, Thomas RJ. Botulinum Toxin Injections as Pretreatment for Facial Laser Resurfacing: A Prospective, Randomized, Blinded Study. Arch Facial Plastic Surgery 2001; 3: 165-9.
- Zimbler MS. Vesalius’ Fabrica: The Marriage of Art and Anatomy. Arch Facial Plastic Surgery 2001; 3: 220.
- Zimbler MS, Thomas RJ. Anatomy and Pathophysiology of Facial Aging. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America. 2001; 9 (2): 179-187
- Zimbler MS. Fernando Botero: Beauty Redefined. Arch Facial Plastic Surgery 2001; 3; 148-149.
- Zimbler MS. Skoog: Facelift Innovator. Arch facial Plastic Surgery 2001; 3: 63.
- Zimbler MS, Thomas RJ. The Dorsal Nasal Flap Revisited: Aesthetic Refinements in Nasal Reconstruction. Arch Facial Plastic Surgery 2000; 2: 285-6.
- Zimbler MS, Thomas RJ. Mohs Surgery: Indications and Methods of Reconstruction. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery. 2000; 8: 342-345.
- Zimbler MS. Ingres’ Odalsique: Idealized Beauty. Arch Facial Plastic Surgery 2000;2:233.
- Miller PJ, Grinberg DG, Zimbler MS, Extended Applications for Endoscopic Forehead Surgery. Arch Facial Plastic Surgery 1999; 1: 316.
- Constantinedes M, Zimbler MS. An Unusual Late Reaction to Facial Collagen Injections. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 1999; 120: 557-560..
- Sculerati NS, Gotlieb M, Zimbler MS, McCarthy JG. Airway Management of Children with Major Craniofacial Syndromes. Laryngoscope 1998; 108: 1806-1812. (Presented at the Triological Society; Eastern Section, New York City, February 1998).
- Galli SD, Zimbler MS, Kaufman DP, Delacure MD. Radiologic Forum; Laryngeal Schwannoma. Arch Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery 1998; 126: 1268.
- Zimbler MS, Lebowitz R, Jacobs J. Antral augmentation, Osseointegration and Sinusitis. The American Journal of Rhinology & Allergy. 1998; 12: 311-316.
- Singh B, Bhaya M, Zimbler MS, Roland JT, Stern J, Har-el G, Lucente F. Impact of Co-morbidity on the Outcome of Young Patients With Head & Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Head & Neck 1998; 20: 1-7. (Presented at the New York Head & Neck Society proffered paper session, Resident scientific award, New York NY, May 1996).
- Singh B, Bhaya M, Zimbler MS, Roland JT, Stern J, Har-el G, Lucente F. Validation of the Charleson Co-morbidity Index In Head and Neck Cancer Patients: A Multi-Institutional Study. Laryngoscope 1997; 107: 1469-1475. (Presented at the Triological Society: Eastern section, Boston Mass, Feb 1997).
- George EF, Zimbler MS, Biller HF, Sanders IS. Quantitative Mapping of the Effects of Botulinum Toxin in the Thyroarytenoid Muscle. Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology 1992; 101: 888-892.
- Schlussel YR, Schnall PL, Zimbler MS, Warren K, Pickering TG. The Effect of Work Environments on Blood Pressure: Evidence from Seven New York Organizations. Journal of Hypertension 1990; 7: 679-685.
- Santucci S, Steiner D, Zimbler MS, James JD, Pickering TG. Validation Study of the Spacelabs Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitors. Journal of Ambulatory Monitoring 1988; 2: 211-215.
- Zimbler MS, Pickering TG, Sos TA, Laragh JH. Proteinuria in Renovascular Hypertension and the Effects on Renal Angioplasty. American Journal of Cardiology 1987; 59: 406-408.